You'll need to sign into your MSOE account VidGrid to see the videos.
In this module, you will see how to use GitHub Classroom to start your lab assignment and submit it when you are finished.
- How to start a new project from your GitHub repository
- How to commit changes to your local repo
- How to push changes from your local repo to GitHub
- How to add a file to your project that is not under version control
- How to add a file to your project that is under version control
- How to update your local repo with changes from the GitHub repo (e.g., after your assignment has been graded)
- How to see the differences between the most recent verion in your repo and the current files in your project
- Watch [11:50] [link]
The project is cloned from the GitHub repo to your local machine at the three minute mark in the video. You will likely need to authorize IntelliJ to access your GitHub account. Hopefully the process is simple enough, but you can see screenshots of what to do in Figures 13-16 of this page.
- Accept your instructor's invitation to the lab 1 assignment
- Associate your GitHub account (create one if you don't have one) with your name in GitHub Classroom
- Clone the project, openning it in IntelliJ
- Rename the
usernamepackage to your username
- Commit the changes
- Upload a screenshot of IntelliJ showing your project with the Project view open on the left